I am conscious that many people make You Tube videos which you can watch for free.
Making videos is an issue for me.......my hands shake badly, and nobody wants to watch that!!! So filming how is really not on.
Instead, I take lots of still photos as I work, step by step, and I prepare tutorials which are easy to read, easy to follow, and easy to keep and refer to. It is perhaps better than a video which you have to stop and start, or memorise!! Even worse! You may well forget a step.
I sell these tutorials as they take a long time to produce. But I am not getting younger; I want to share what I have learned with others, before I hang up my clogs, so I am going to give away some of my tutorials for free if artists decide to purchase some of the items I make. They will receive a tutorial to help them create their own pieces.
The first GIVE-AWAY will be my tutorial "CREATING UNDERSEA WORLDS IN FUSED GLASS".
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create beautiful backgrounds for a set of my sea creatures..........if you buy some turtles from me, or jellyfish, or shells, or a set of new small components I am putting together, you will receive the tutorial TOTALLY FREE!
Here are some of the pieces I make:
It is all too easy to collect cute pieces...........but creating scenes with them is quite another matter. Placing them onto a plain background is not going to produce anything exciting, is it. For example, have a look at this pic below, and compare with the one above:
Even if you don't always want to use freeze and fuse elements every time, you will find the tutorial useful for beautiful undersea watery environments, which can be painted, or silk-screened, for items like these:
This tutorial gives lots of ideas for making seascapes. It is easy to follow, and the techniques are good for fusers of any level. I’m excited to try them!









No comments:
Post a Comment
please feel free to leave me a message