Sunday 30 January 2022

SPIRAL DECORATION, ORGANIC SHAPE

When browsing one day, I spotted this set of moulds:



I liked the idea very much, but was not so keen on the price!  They were available in the USA for over $100, and although I do sometimes buy from the US, I am often hit with huge fees...not only is the shipping high, but also I have to pay Customs Duty, and VAT, and all of this is charged on not just the cost of the item but on the shipping cost too.  And at this end, there is a "handling fee" charged by the post office.  So often, that $100 can double in price.  OUCH.

This led to my trying to find another way to create the bowl, using alternative materials. The alternative method cost me a fraction of the cost of these moulds!  Very pleasing. and the end results delighted me.  And others when I showed them on my Facebook pages.  So I have now written a tutorial on how to make these nice pieces.  I thought I would mention it here, in case you have not spotted it on Facebook.  So this is for all my glass artist readers.
If you click on this link it should take you to a Paypal page where you can purchase the tutorial if you wish:

Organic Wavy Spiral bowl tutorial

and here they are!




Happy fusing folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave me a message