Sunday 6 February 2022

NEW WORK FOR A NEW YEAR

 It is only February 2022, so it is still the beginning of a new year.  I have some new followers, forgive me for not acknowledging you but I will try to send out a newsletter shortly.  So I thought I would show you some of my newest pieces for this year.  I am still struggling with stroke symptoms, and cannot do a great deal on my feet, but somehow or other, I managed these new pieces.  It is called "being stubborn" I think!


I reckon they are somewhat self-explanatory so I will let them speak for themselves -

A new Monstera leaf. Made entirely from crushed glass, fused in a kiln - amazing, huh!  Makes a fab bowl, but would also look stunning hanging on the wall..........?



An "art" piece.  I love the way the stand perfectly complements the image and the colour.  It has the cutest pair of owl in it...I will be sorry to sell it, they make me smile.

Extraordinary how glass can be made to look like a painting, isn't it.  Makes this piece very unique.  My "canvas" was a flat sheet of glass, and the image is created with strings of glass and pieces of crushed glass.  No paintbrushes involved at all!


A beautiful "cyclone" bowl, with swirling colours.  Looks lovely even unfilled. Believe it or not this is entirely made from a single sheet of clear glass, with colour added using glass powders suspended in water.  Creating with glass is complex, but the results can be magical.

I love glass for its transparency, and vibrancy.  Since having a stroke, I also appreciate the help of my kiln...I work on a piece, the kiln finishes it off overnight.  Just as well because after an hour or two of standing to work, I am finished, and should only really work in short bursts.  But...I feel the eventual results are gratifying and worth the effort!  I hope you like them too.

I do sell on Etsy (Jackiesimmondsstudio)(clickable link)  and I will now allow people to come to my studio by appointment, instead of doing Open Studios, which are too much for me now.  But you are always welcome if you want to pop along!



No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave me a message